

I just love books, all books and my one ambition in life is to get a house big enough to have my own actual library, you know complete with old desk and lamp, sitting chair in the corner and shelves upon shelves of books from floor to ceiling.
Recently on an op shopping trip with my daughter (we do this once a week), I came across this awesome book called Hurry Hurry, Mary Dear. It's a hardcover book of nonsense poems that I find really clever, who thinks of these things??? And the illustrations are just so simple that it suits me down to the ground.
THE DOVES STAY IN THEIR COTES.
The doves stay in their cotes,
the hens stay in their sheds,
the ducklings in the duck pond
keep standing on their heads.
The little boys and girls
refuse to leave their beds,
for it's raining cats and dogs-
and other quadrapeds.
How cool is that!! Makes no sense and that's why it's great!
No comments:
Post a Comment